Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Lay Lines Project - Day 1

Day 1. Arrival in Sedona.

Now that I am here it all seems so much easier. Research and planning of ideas and preparation out the way, there was nothing that could have prepared me for the sensuality of this place. Driving closer to Sedona, there was an unloading of tension - that is perhaps the best way for me to describe it. We drove right by a Vortex and that was phenomenal. It was the same sensation from an intense group session, the same heat and ease. I was amazed at how it came in. We weren't even that close - had we of gotten out the car, I can only imagine it to be like a tidal wave of energy.

The whole experience has got me very excited for tomorrow.
The light was leaving as we were arriving but I took a walk and a few photos. The project has officially begun!

I think the first thing to notice about Sedona is the integration of the land with the buildings and man made objects. The mountains tower over the buildings like skyscrapers and I can't help but compare the contrast to New York.
The houses are coloured to compliment the landscape and there is something nice about the respect related to such an act.
McDonald's have even made their famous yellow 'M' blue in order to fit in with the surroundings.
It is refreshing perhaps to have a change in perspective as this. We must respect what was there before us rather than to apply ourselves over the top. This has meant that nature is a force that truly is all around and should you forget it, you only need peer up at the overshadowing red rock to remember. Refreshing as well to be brought down to size.

The people who live here accept that they live within the realms of these vortexes and regardless how their believes are formed, they accept its presence.

I know from my own experience of sharing this project, that there is a weariness once people make the connection to it being a spiritual project, so to be in the company of people who take this as an everyday occurrence is quite strange, in a completely lovely way.

So my initial reaction is one of awe.. but I guess that was always to be expected.
I took a video on the way in to try to help you understand the journey in.



On speaking to a local, he told me that once you come to Sedona, if you stay longer than 6 months you will never leave, that you will always end up coming back. From all the reading I have been doing, it would seem most of the authors are having the same pull to Sedona and moving here permanently. Perhaps there is something in the magnetism of this place that follows you and pulls you back.



No comments:

Post a Comment